Founded in 2001, the Archer Center is where Texas meets the world. As the Washington, D.C., campus of The University of Texas System, the Center provides talented undergraduate and graduate students from across the UT System with the opportunity to live, learn, and intern in the nation's capital. Our Mission: We educate the next generation of leaders for local, state, federal, and international service by offering varied experiential learning programs for undergraduate, graduate, and medical students from the University of Texas System.
Our Vision: To develop public- and private-sector leaders who understand the federal policy-making process, are able to solve relevant policy problems, contribute to improved civic engagement and civil society, and who elevate the public discourse about policy and politics.
Our Diversity and Inclusion Statement: The Archer Center is committed to fostering an inclusive community where all individuals are valued and engaged and where a diversity of perspectives, differences, and identities are explored in a safe and respectful educational setting.
Our Guiding Principles: 1. Archer Fellows represent not only themselves, but their home institutions, the Archer Center, the UT System, and the State of Texas.
2. The Archer Center expects all Archer Fellows to abide by the highest standards of conduct, demonstrating the utmost integrity, character, respect, and professionalism.
3. The Archer Center is committed to ensuring a diverse cohort and learning environment by selecting students with varying backgrounds, interests, fields of study, and political perspectives.
4. The Archer Center is committed to bringing together students who value constructive and respectful dialogue among individuals and groups with varying ideas.
5. Archer Fellows are expected to respect varying political, personal, and religious beliefs within the cohort and throughout the program.
6. As an educational program, the Archer Center sees all aspects of the Archer Fellowship experience as an opportunity for learning, from the application and internship search process to the academic, networking, professional, and fellowship opportunities provided throughout the semester.
7. The Archer Center and Archer Fellows have a shared commitment to open, honest, and timely communication.