AFAA Day of Service
In honor of Congressman Bill Archer's 90th birthday on March 22, the AFAA and many local AFAA chapters will hold their 6th annual AFAA Day of Service. See below for details on your chapter's Day of Service event and stay tuned for details on your local chapter's service project if it is not listed below! Contact: AFAA president-elect Crystal Saavedra with questions.
Day of Service
March 22, 2018 at 7 p.m.
3121 E 12th St, Austin, TX 78702.
The Austin Chapter of AFAA, in partnership with the Inside Books Project, will be providing books and educational materials to individuals who are incarcerated. For more information, please contact Andrene Castro and Justin Atkinson.
Day of Service - Save the Date!
March 24, 2018 at TBD
In his honor Congressman Bill Archer's birthday, the Dallas Chapter of AFAA will be participating in a service event on Saturday, March 24. The Chapter is in the process of finalizing details - updates will be emailed and posted on the FB group page. Lunch will follow the service event!
For more information, please contact Dallas Chapter co-chairs Casey Sublett and Edgar Morales.
Days of Service Events
March 10, 2018 from 7:30-9:30 a.m.
12th St NW at Constitution Ave NW
Please join the D.C., Chapter of AFAA at Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon by assisting in Corrals at the Start Line for the marathon and half marathon! Everyone must sign up online using the following link, indicating the 7:30-9:30 a.m. shift: http://competitorgroupinc.volunteerlocal.com/volunteer/?start_over&id=25695.
March 17, 2018 from 10 a.m.-12 noon
The Archer Center
1750 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Suite 900
The D.C., Chapter of AFAA will be making peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for Martha's Table.
For more information about the open house and days of service events, please contact Maggie Mahfood or Audra Jackson with any questions.
Day of Service Event
March 22, 2018 at 6 p.m.
Rosemont Houston - Supporting Texas Children's Hospital
2750 Grant Street
In honor of Congressman Bill Archer's 90th birthday on March 22, we're hosting our Houston 6th annual AFAA Day of Service. Come celebrate with us by giving back to our community! Please join us after work at Rosemont for happy hour. Don't forget to bring an item to donate to Texas Children's Hospital. We hope to bring smiles to these children's faces, but please keep in mind the guidelines for donations:
• All items must be new and in original packaging.
• Items should not be gift wrapped.
• Texas Children’s is a non-denominational organization. We are not able to accept items with a religious theme or messaging.
• Our patients range in age from newborn to adult.
• Due to food safety guidelines and dietary restrictions, food or candy donations may not be accepted.
• Messages should be lighthearted and bright. Please do not say “Get Well Soon,” but instead “Bringing You Sunshine” or “You’re a Great Kid.”
• Storage space is limited and needs change based on season and supply, please contact us for the current list of items most in need.
• All books must be new.
• Recommended Items
• Items we are unable to accept: Food, bicycles, wagons, nerf / toy guns, sports equipment, remote controlled toys, make-up, scented items, used items (books, clothing, blankets, and toys).
• Additional Information can be found here
If you don't have time to buy an item to donate, please bring $5-10 dollars and we will purchase a donation item for you. Feel free to bring a friend, family, or loved one when you stop by! We look forward to seeing you there!